This year, for the very first time Apple has introduced its new iPhones with the latest dual eSim support iPhone line-up which includes the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR all over the world. However, the eSim support is not available in every country. You can only get it in the US, Canada, Germany, Austria and among others. And the good news is that India is also included in the list.
During the time of introduction of this iPhone, Apple also highlighted the Airtel, as it is one of the telecom partners who will bring an eSim support for the latest iPhones available in India and support the eSim and with the recent rollout of the iOS 12.1, the support for Airtel is live. If any of you are the users of iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR and want to set up the eSim, below we provide you with the procedure to set up the eSim.
However, the procedure for setting up the latest iPhone then this is one of the easiest methods you can go through. It is a very less time-taking process and takes fewer efforts. Try to follow the procedure in the given sequence to avoid issues. The steps are discussed below.
Steps to Setup Dual-eSim in Apple iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR
It is really worth adding that you don’t even need a different SIM card for your latest iPhone as your existing Sim card can be easily converted into eSim cards. And to convert your existing Sim card Contact to your Sim operator. For setting an eSim on your latest iPhone, you just need to follow few simple steps. The steps are discussed below:-
- Ensure that your iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR are updated with the newest iOS 12.1.
- Click to Send an SMS stating ‘eSim <registered email>’ to 121.
- Once completed, it will take almost 1-2 hours for Airtel to send you the QR code through email.
- Now, in your iPhone, navigate towards the Settings > Cellular > Add Cellular Plan.
- Lastly, by using your iPhone scan the QR code.
- Once the process is done, then a message will blink on your iPhone screen asking you to confirm the process of eSim conversion.
- Then, you have to Reply “1” to that messages within 60 seconds.
- Next, wait for confirmation call by the Company and Agree to it.
- Congratulations, the eSim will be activated in the next few hours.
Hopefully! This process will help you in setting up your eSim in all the latest new iPhone.
About us :
Mia Watson is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.